Dr. Khan has written over 35 papers in peer-reviewed journals; she also writes for the industrial audience through various magazines. She has 10 issued patents and several pending on LED lighting technologies.
Key Papers in Optoelectronics
- Technique for velocity-matched traveling-wave electrooptic modulator in AlGaAs/GaAs
- Directional coupler electro-optic modulator in AlGaAs/GaAs with low voltage-length product
- Crosstalk-, loss-, and length-reduced digital optical Y-branch switches using a double-etch waveguide structure
- Single-mode waveguide structure for optoelectronic integrated circuitsand method of making same.
- Adiabatic Y-branch waveguide having controllable chirp
- Method and apparatus for bidirectional communication over a single optical fiber
- Adiabatic tapered S-bends for compact digital switch arrays
- Light distribution using tapered waveguides in LED-based tubular lamps as replacements of linear fluorescent lamps
- Method for determining waveguide facet reflectivity
- Adiabatic Y-branch modulator with negligible chirp
- Compact and fabrication tolerant high speed digital optical y -switches
- Efficient, uniform, and dimmable sign or display illumination methods using overlapped LED modules on a raised grid platform
LED Professional Review Articles In Issues: 04, 07, 09, 10, and Commentary in 28
Signs of the Times Articles
“Nisa has proven to be a valuable part of our development team. Her clear and effective Feasibility Studies on Lighting are a crucial part of our governmental approvals for the Giant Wheels we develop. When called upon, Nisa always delivers.” – Todd Schneider, Partner, Pacific Development, LLC; http://www.360pensacolabeach.com
“ I read your article in Signs of the Times and agree that on premise LED EMC’s are a big part of our sign program! Thanks – great article!” – Christina Galgan, Exterior Signage Program Manager, Walgreens.